I grew up reading the Nancy Drew mystery series so I was very excited to see this book tag by Greg at Greg’s Book Haven.
Welcome to the Nancy Drew/ Hardy Boys Tag created by Greg @GregsBookHaven. The goal here is to have fun and share books, and how better to do that than to take life lessons from some of the best? So we’re going to look at some of the defining elements of these books, or maybe just something that pops up a lot, and use that as our criteria. Your task, if you choose to do the tag, is to share a book that fits each criteria. Sound fun? Let’s do it!
The Nancy Drew/ Hardy Boys Tag
1) Sure you can go solve crime! Just be home for dinner. Seriously? List a book that features teenage protagonists doing unrealistic stuff.
These two teenagers take off across the country without telling anyone. They also do some crazy stuff on their road trip.
2) It’s a knockout! The Hardy Boys get knocked out on the regular, and Nancy gets captured her fair share of times. Share a book that has someone powering through what should be a serious injury!
This main character has a leg deformity that is very painful to walk on but she escaped the Nazi’s anyway.
3) Where’s Mom? Both the Hardy’s and Nancy are missing their mother, and their dad seems oddly okay with them doing detective work. List a book with little parental oversight.
For most of this book, Harry, Ron, and Hermione are on their own in the wilderness.
4) Friends make the world go around. The Hardy’s have Chet, Biff and Tony (and occasionally Callie and Iola). Nancy has Bess and George (and sometimes Ned) to help her out. Name a book with an outstanding friendship or supporting character(s).
The main character in this book has a face deformity but his friends have his back!
5) What a coincidence! I think it’s fair to say that sometimes there are fortuitous coincidences that move the story along. Share a book with a somewhat far- fetched occurrence or plot development.
Too many coincidences.
6) Where’s a cop when you need one? Seriously they show up at the end but where are they when our heroes really need them? Share a book where the authorities are especially asleep at the switch or ineffective.
The police frustrated me so much in this book!
7) These people are well traveled. I mean, the Hardy’s and Nancy go everywhere. All over the U.S. and around the world. Name a book with a well traveled or globetrotting protagonist, or something with an exotic setting.
Loved this book about a family that volunteered around the world for 6 months.
8) We’re going top down! Or boating. Nancy has her convertible (sometimes called a roadster) and the Boys are always in a boat, seems like. Name a book with a cool vehicle or involving a speedboat.
Magic Pumpkin Food Truck. Need I say more?
9) It’s a clue, a secret, or a mystery. These words (and a few others) show up a LOT in the Nancy Drew/ Hardy Boys titles. Share a book with a similar title.
One of my childhood favorites.
10) Killer cover! The covers are some of the best things about these mysteries. Share a favorite Nancy Drew/ Hardy Boys cover, or any cover with a mysterious vibe.
That creepy guy in the background. Yikes!